Potato Bean Salad

 
Last summer, when Lovella and I were in Waterloo, we were guests at a pot luck hosted by the former president of Herald Press. It was delicious food, I must say. This is a recipe I asked for. I finally got around to making it. So, thank you, Joan.
Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs mini red potatoes, cooked with peel
  • 1 lb green beans, fresh or frozen (about 3 cups)
  • 1 lb yellow beans ( I used 1 can yellow wax beans)
  • 1/2 cup red onion, chopped ( I used a small shallot)
  • 2/3 cup chopped dill ( or 1-2 tsp dried)
  • 1 cup mayo ( I used half mayo, half low fat sour cream)
  • 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
  • salt and pepper to taste
Method:
  1. In medium sized pot, cover potatoes with water, add 1 tsp salt, bring to boil and simmer for about 10 minutes or until done. Drain water and let cool. Cut in half.
  2. Steam beans, making sure you don't overcook to keep color and rinse with cold water. I also boiled eggs to add. Cool eggs in ice water for ease of peeling.
  3. Combine all ingredients and chill.



Posted by Picasa

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »